copyright

Maouse maouse at FULTON-NET.COM
Mon Oct 30 19:38:49 CET 2000

Seems that AC, UO and EverQuest are only (officially) available in the
US, not in Europe. Wonder why that is. Any ideas?

-AC was supposed to go "global" in about June 2K, there were supposed to be
3 worlds open to international players.  Of course the fact that they had
(apparently to me when my account got messed up on labor day) NO real tech
or account help probably hurt them a bit (I finally tried again just last
month and got a real person for the first time in like 6 months!!! I
cancelled my account - which I tried to do about 12x via emailing tech,
account, and other MSN game zone places). I don't know if they ever got the
worlds going, as my account was hosed.

I wouldn't mind being involved in the making of such a game, based on p&p
or not, but it is a bit more than just implementing the p&p combat system.
Given the terrible amount of interface programming that has to be done to
beat EQ. And most customers (kids) will go for the quality of the graphics
and special effects and not for the copmplexity of the combat and magic
system, or the background. Having an seemingly endless random supply of
neat items to loot from monsters is much more important. (Now there the p&p
treasure generation system would really help.)

-ENDLESS RANDOM NEAT ITEMS TO LOOT FROM MONSTERS... Methinks the dwarf
population just went into decline... The Daidone (sp?) Sidhe are endangered
as well.  One thing that would be a must is that if creatures had better
weapons they would use them on players! (otherwise getting a MEL24 EL12
artifact would be too easy... if they were using it on you though, well
that would explain why your last four characters bit the dust).
This could and would definately be a high point.  I really did not like
AC's "camping" or UO's "packing" to have to get treasure.  A system which
would allow one person with the right skills (not an unearthly MEL 30 EL 12
mage or CEL 30 warrior) to get decent treasure and possibly even unique
special items would be great.  Of course stealing special items to change
the campaign would be neato too... any volunteers to steal the jewel or
dagger of Caldo???  hehehehe....

-Marcel

ps. facing a soul diava would be pretty awesome and frightful for any
character (even those few immune to energy loss).  beasts of disorder would
be another big baddy.  magic casting dragons would be fairly tough as well.
(I'd imagine "packing"(hunting in packs) would work against most dragons
though)