Experience option

The Choinski Family choinski at TIAC.NET
Sun Sep 17 23:25:55 CEST 2000

>>> Cool.  I never played in Goidan per se did in Caldo and that was fun....
>>> Sounds fun....how many players you'll have?

Actually, this may be changing as we speak, see below...

>> Will do.  I have to get all my old rules down off Wout's site. :)  I'm also
>> going through what stuff I have online, typing it up and cleaning it up.
>> When I have some new stuff I'll submit it to Wout.
>
> Cool and if you need typed up stuff to print out like creatures or what night
> just holler might
> have it :)

Well, I have some interesting monster ideas I may throw at them, and I'll
post them to the list when I can.

>> lame.  Obviously, quite a debt load can be racked up.
>
> Coolness.  I've not done that for pnp but done something similar in other game
> systems.

First person did his character tonight.  I was a bit loose on how many times
they can re-roll, and I have to admit his character has the potential to be
a real monster (But them he'll start attracting all the nasty attention then
:) He ended up with 85 points of debt (i.e. 85 possible successes that could
go down the dumper).

Now, with the rolling he did he is fairly capable.  Has 3 specials of note
-- innate power (Elemental Powers, he took Fire), Shadow Weaver, and
Property holder.  Coming from Marentia (yea I know.  back to the old ruts
:), hi has a station of 4.  His special granted him 5600 acres of land for
his barony, giving him an income of 5600SC per year.

Obviously, there is going to have to be a bit of a money sink in there
someplace -- We figured that "take" comes from landed people with fealty to
him, or general tarrifs and fees on his lands.  He probably won't get to
keep it all -- he will have to pay for his manor upkeep, staff, etc, plus he
must pay some chunk to Maros and the kingdom in taxes.

So now I must come up with some gross macro econonic rules of thumb to work
with.  I'll be researching this for the time being, but if anyone out there
has stuff they have used in a similar situation, please, send it along to
the list.

Also, a favor for anyone with a culture book -- I have not been able to find
mine yet, though I have the map book.  If anyone chould send a scan of the
marentian pages to me, or at least the population information, that would
bre great.  I'll put out another population addendum, like I did for Djani
and some other cultures, and probbaly add more as my game progresses.  I
don't know what I'll be doing map wise, bue we will see what happens (they
take a lot of effort).

I'm presently working on a "book of skills" which will have all of the
original skills, plus Heros skills, my own and others, all converted to my
2d10 "target-12" skill system.  When complete I'll probably send that along
as postscript file (or PDF, if I can get my PDF writer to work ok).

Scans to "burton.choinski at matrix-one.com" (work, I have a real LAN there,
not dial up)
       -- Burton