Walled cities?

The Choinski Family choinski at TIAC.NET
Sat Sep 23 23:14:34 CEST 2000

> Well, maybe in "real life"...but in PL and P&P in general, barbarians
> have a LOT more to worry about than simply humans.  Athach, Barguest,
> Basilisk, 'Beasts', Beithir, Goblins, Grundwergen, Hydra, Minotaur, Ogre,
> etc...etc..etc.  And "in the widerness" they are more likely to encounter
> said creatures than be attacked by a lords army.  I would think some form of
> wall would be almost mandatory...even if it is simply a thin pallisade.  It

Highy dependant on the mobility of the culture.  Stationary barbarian
cultures that practices standing agriculture may have something...nomadic
cultures (like the Zen'd) probably not.

> As a side note, I do have a basic map with 'stuff' on it done.  I'll
> post a pic of it somewhere soon and let every take a gander. :-)

My map experiment seems to have come out okay, but I'm interested to see
your maps.  Ifthey come out better then my stuff, I'll let you do al the
work and I'll just come up with more rules and sites and stuff. :)
    -- Burton