Walled cities?

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sat Sep 23 23:15:30 CEST 2000

At 06:59 PM 9/22/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Hiya.
>

>Walled cities are awfully expensive.  Thus I would base it on several
>factors
>1) power of that country (via culture book) 2) ecnomy (how rich it is)
>3) history (war with other countries, raiders).
>>>>>>>

>    I was including all types of walls...not just th e"big, thick stone
>ones".  Wooden pallisades, earthen ramparts, even just simple 6' high stone
>walls you can't even walk on (just there to prevent horses and 'rolling
>siege stuff' from getting too close.

Ok.  In that case I'd say 60-80% have that form.  I thought you mean the
actual
siege type walls :)

>    Obviously the more for all 3 the more walled cities.
>>>>>>>

>    Yup.
>
>    I've descided to just list ALL cities as being "walled" on the maps I'm
>making...once/if I do a city map, then I'll decide what (if any) type of
>wall is on that city.
>    "Towns" (re; "Fortresses" as they are listed in the PL map booklet) also
>have a single map symbol...'walled town'.  And again, leaving the actual
>existance of a wall up to the DM or me when I do the town map. :-)
>    I'm not even sure I'm going to list the 'tribal centres'...there's a lot
>of them, and I don't want them to clutter up the map.  If I do, I'll put
>them on a seperate layer so they can be, by default "hidden".

Barbarians would not likely have but the typical cow/horse walls.  Only a few
cutlures
on earth had really sophisticated ones.  The only 'barbarian' cultures i seem
to recall
were those in medieval england and the germans who had some type of siege
proof
walls at times.

>    Oh, I'm using Campaign Cartographer2 (and City Designer2, and Dungeon
>Designer2) to do these maps.  If/when I ever finish the map, I'll be sure
>and post it for everyone to look at/use/whatever.

Awesome.  Too bad I have no patience much less drawing ability for usch :<

I can't even do a circle :)