Generally useful 'other' game stuff...

Paul L. Ming pming at HOME.COM
Tue Sep 26 19:50:46 CEST 2000

Hiya.

    While reading Burton's nots on "Crop Cirles" (re; towns/farming/stuff),
I was instantly reminded of a game supplement for Harn deatailing this very
thing.  I can't remember the exact name, but I think it was "Harn Manor"
(Tim? You bought it, is that what it's called?).  Appearently, it details
(and I mean *details* from what I've heard) feudal manors (re;
towns/villages ruled over by a lord I guess), with stats on how much land is
needed for producing grain, how many people needed to work it, how much land
for grazing X number of cows/livestock, etc.
    Anyway, thinking about it, Harn has a lot of stuff that might be easily
plugged into PL.  I've even begun toying with using some of Harn's combat
system in P&P (Attacking High, Medium, or Low to get different effects/etc.,
and more specific armor stuff, like differing AV's for different
locations...just to spice up P&P combat a bit).  I've grabbed stuff (rules,
concepts/ideas, etc) from other games too....like the "Castle Costs" out of
the AD&D 1st Edition DMG (costs devided by 10; so a 30'x30' round tower
would cost about 150GC in P&P), and will probably use the rules for
dominions in the Rules Cyclopedia (basic D&D) if I ever need to.

    So....what other game books do you use in your guys's P&P campaigns?

^_^

Paul L. Ming

PS: The map of Marentia and environs is comming along nicely.  I''ll right
another post with a link to an updated gif sometime soon.