Crafting (and Wages)

John Hooten jhooten at BINARY.NET
Mon Apr 1 19:52:23 CEST 2002

---Just my 2 cents worth---
Water weighs about 64lbs per cubic foot.
Dirt/rock will be 3 to 5 times that and more.
Super dense approaches 20 times but requires lead/gold/osmium ;-)
Iron is about 6 if I recall correctly(Earth ave is 5.6?)
Thus those cubic feat represents alot of work in lifting etc.

So 250 CF is about 50,000 lbs or 25 ton! or more.
As you can see alot of haulling as well as digging is involved.

And yes I think using PA is a good idea, multiply by some factor to get
cf/day. If Joe human has a 14 strength and 11 stamina PA=28? then I
would consider CF=8 or 9 times PA as good estimate. But a manual laborer
is likely to have increased S and St so if the normal rate included that
then maybe lower the factor? 16S 16St is PA=52 almost twice as much
because he doesnt tire as quickly.