Website Additions

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Tue Apr 2 05:14:35 CEST 2002

At 08:11 AM 4/1/02 -0500, you wrote:
||>Yea, yea, the other ship stuff got put on hold, but I think I'm going to
>||Well I could use anything since I have to make it all up :<
>
>I'll know more after this coming sunday -- first game with the new
>characters.

I cna do hints for a long time :)  hint Hint..but I'll stand by...:)
Let them watch some love boats to get in the feel for boats :)

>Though I am technically saying this game will be "by the book", I'll still
>be doing my free skill tweaks (1 pt of language per day in cities or towns,
>1 pt of riding per day of travel, 1 pt of survival in the terrain if you
>rough it instead of stay at inns, etc).

I can understnad riding since you sorta shift your body and learn as you ride.
But language?  Give me a mexican worker coming here and it takes him
years just to learn 'where is the bathroom'.  :)
As to survival I tend to think thats a USE skill in that if your with no food
and water you roll the skill to survive not just walking through a valley you
automatically get a point of experience.  Unless you just happen to
notice a spear trap before you fall in then yes.  But just walking around no.

>I'm still trying to decided if I should use my "OCV+value" ranged fire
>table, or use the "The value is the OCV" as stated in the book.  Their
>complaints on that before did have some merit (i.e. it's the same difficulty
>to shoot down some cow with DCV 0 as it is to snipe some DCV 16 creature)

Dunno.  Never looked inot it either way.  Rather in the first manner.

>||HINT HINT STRONG HINT HINT HINT
>||that good enough? :)
>
>I'll work some on it, but it certainly won't be high on the list for right
>now.  I have to see what their plans for the moment are, what their goals
>are.

Just remember Cholan could have a arrow with his name on it..err
bribery ..threats...bah...I'll just hint :)...just kidding ...oooooook...I'll
wait..patiently....tap...tap tap fingers..

>||And if I recall your playing in the Kotoh lands?
>
>Only if they get close to Mab's swamps.  But I'm sure there will be enough
>evil Kototh in the hills and forests around Djan to keep them busy.

My first pnp game was with Kototh creatures..man those guys in swarms remind
me of Fringeworthy Mellor battles with like 120 mellor swarms :)