Some stuff on stuff

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Tue Apr 2 15:23:19 CEST 2002

||>That's how I play my character in any games, and certainly how I present
the
||>NPC's the players run into.
||But are you total strict to the article ie weapon choices and such?

I try to be.  In my brother's game (home-brew system, but run in the lands)
My Goidan warrior chose spear from the list of cultural weapons.  Despite
all the times when going with a sword, whether taken from some supernatural
source or in terms of more effectiveness, I have stuck stubbornly with the
spear use.

When I run my games I try to have the culture encounters use the proper
cultural weapons, and when characters are hustling for new weapons, the
cultural weapons are the ones most easily available, others may not be
found, depending on how far from the trade lanes they are and how divergant
from the cultural weapons.

||>Given how nasty it could be to have some archer pumping deadly and
serious
||>wounds into you, I think it is reasonable.
||True.  Just seems like in all those movies the archers have the day won
most
||times based on their sheer reloads.  What was it the Roman archers could
||load and reload a bow in 8.5 seconds according to old records?  Some
||history i read somewhere....those would likely be longbows...

Hello!?  McFly!  8.5sec = 3 phases.  I have bowmen take only 1 phase to
reload, and you complain, when real life has them take 2 phases? :}

||>In my past games, and in my upcoming one, I have used this very strictly
(PC
||>weapon vs monster OCV). I also have the following armor notes (taken from
my
||>revised equipment list):
||I just forget to take it into account alot of times till its too late ...

...Armor notes snipped...

||Interesting.  When I first read the rules so many years ago this
||system (Att. pri) was the most confusing to me for some reason..

The armor notes are not in the books...I added them as it seems reasonable
to me that the armored saints in the group would be a bit slowed down.
         -- Burton

Burton Choinski
Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce