testing, I cant post to group--fixed, questions continue

Brandon Stubbs bigbeh at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 4 09:08:10 CEST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:52:00 -0600, John Hooten <jhooten at BINARY.NET> wrote:

>oops I seem to have implied that I thought WSB+SB was to be used.
>I tried to say I thought bows and crossbows used WSB like SB for deadly
>damage dice.
>i.e. WSB 4 would do 5D10 damage on deadly hits.
>
>An arbalest is a very slow very powerful weapon so it should do far more
>damage not just a couple points.
>Otherwise the faster bows will do far more damage in almost all cases
>due to more hits.
>
>Bow is 1 shot/phase, Arbalest is 1 shot/5 phases I think.

Fascinating. I have never thought about that before. I'll have to look into
this.

>Ok and now for something that always confused me...
>Some say that serious and deady only use helmets to reduce damage?
>I never liked that definition but if you assume that serious/deadly
>imply finding a weak point or head shot then it does make some sense.
>But if so then I steel helm should stop more than 2 points?
>
>The text can be read as only adding to armor on those hits.
>It says in the chart--armor/shields reduce damage. helmets says reduce*.
>* is applies only on serious/deadly.
>To me that says armor applies but you add helmet if serious/deadly.
>Also all helms are listed as +x, armor as x so that also implies they
>add. Also verified in definition text as the * again.

I play in a kind of strange desciptive way for my kids(gamers). Shield Hit
whether holding a shield or not is an arm hit or other non supportive
extremity(tail, wings, etc). Hit is a leg or other lower support extremity
function(Legs, Stomach). Severe is or chest or non crucial neck or head
hit. Deadly is crucial neck hit or head hit. Based on this I use armor as
you desrcibed it. Helm AV+ Armor AV on deadly/severe.