Book 3 project complete

Wout Broere broere at POWERSANDPERILS.ORG
Sat Apr 13 17:09:03 CEST 2002

At 07:10 PM 4/12/2002 -0400, you wrote:
My sentiments on these matter:

>     1.  Corruption Beast - It mentions it can increase HPV over
>         max.  But is this pernament?
Doesn't say it can increase over max, it says it increases it's HPV. You
can still bicker if it is some kind of healing or if it is a permanent
increase. I would say it is some healing power, like leeching.

>     2.  Why do some animals have bonuses and others do not.
>         I know its not on a human level but I figured they'd
>         used some formal system?
Which animals for example? They all seem to have bonuses if their stats
call for them.

>     3.  Disorder Beast - The vortex is uses is 30 feet.
>         Think this is a typo?  Maybe 3 or really 30?
Seems to be the case AHP=30, vortex radius is HPV/5 hexes. That's one large
swirling mass of bodies (ah, that is body parts).

>     4.  Bouba - Is it me or is this a silly creature?
I don't know from which school of myth this stems, but it seems a very GM
friendly creature. Once it atttacks it will fight to the death. Saves a lot
of time thinking of monster motivation.

>     5.  Bush Warrior - Are they invisible all the time or for
>         the spell duration?  Doesn't seem to say either way.
They are not invisible, they can hide between foliage. Somewhat like an
elf's hide in forest skill, but with better success chance.

>     6.  Bush Resin - Why is it worthless in light if the Bush
>         itself sorta gets its lifeforce through sunlight? Doesn't
>         seem to match up with the idea of a bush.
Maybe they only live in the undergrowth of dense forests? OR it is the same
thing as with dragon blood in medieval german myth. That had magical powers
also, unless at any time it was spilled to the earth.

>     7.  Dae'ta Koti/Dark Serpent - and others
>         Why N/A Dex?  Even Wyrm and Earth Earters.  A NA stat
>         means they are almost immobile or am I just not
>         grasping the style of creature?
Dex in P&P is how well you can handle your limbs, mainly hands. Agility is
handling of the body. Snakes lack hands, i.e. no dexterity applies. They do
have agility, so are not immobile.

>     8.  Dragon - Why 2 DCV?  Not listed why.  Likely one
>         for flying and one for ground (5/ground  10 flying?)
See page 17, section 4, description fo DCV. And yes, 5 on the ground and 10
is for flying. Applies for lots of monsters.

>     9.  Dryads - Men resisting the dryad's spell it says must
>         roll 2D100?  Is this typo for 2D10?  May have to read
>         up on this one.
Think that one is correct, 2D100

>    10.  Elementals - Element vs Element section -
>       Dagger             +1       8       Sword
>       Throwing Dagger     0       7       Sword
>         /Why are those skills listed as sword and not dagger?
It's not under elements, this is the weapon table under elves. It states
that they use different skills for elven weapons.

>    11.  Fay Horses for influence is that Emp 15 current, native?
Doesn't say indeed. I would probably rule native.

>    12.  Firesnake range for Intelligence purposes is what?  Doens't
>         say the range.
Would say the same as the telep. power, M5E5

>    13.  Ghosts last paragraph - dispelled by magical light but not affected
>          by forms of magical light?  Huh?  Read it to see
Light and Radiant Light should dispell the ghost under the exact wording of
the creature and spell descriptions.
Ghosts are not afflicted by light, so these spells do no damage. They are
dispelled by forms of magical light that do no damage, i.e. those spells
should do the trick.

>    17.  Hydra - Why NA for HC it is a mega regeneration machine so
>         makes no sense it would have no healing chance?
Why would it even need a HC, it will never by damaged 24 hours after a
fight. It will either regenerate within one phase, or it will be dead.

>    20.  Lalassu - As I read it seems to be powerless if no one talks
>         to it?  Is this right in avoiding possession a party stays
>         quiet and they are safe?
Seems so.

>    23.  Pegasus - Special C - Makes no sense can anyone explain it
>         for my tired brain cells?
If your stamina is less than 48 you must have Horsemanship EL 12 or
greater. If your stamina is 48 or greater you can master the beast with an
EL 6 HMS.

>    24.  Scorpion People Female - OCV 93?!?!?!?!  Need I say
>         any more?  A type or is it 9(3) or actually 93?  She
>         would then roll on combat table BL20 all the time :)
It is 3 actually, see the p&p website, rules, errata. Also for some other
monsters and lots of DCV values.

>    26.  Nets - Anyone have info on nets and rules for them like
>         the whip?  Costs, etc.
p&p website, rules, combat, misc. throwing weapons

>         To WOUT If you want you can place the GM screen file
>         and monster.txt file on the website if you want.  The
>         monster file could be easilly rigged with the html
>         tags for jumping around with some work.

I will, when I find the time.

Ft