Book 3 project complete

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sat Apr 13 01:10:38 CEST 2002

    Here ye Here ye,

       Dragon is going berserk in Porta all adventurers apply at...

       err..wrong post...

       I have finished the Book 3 project.  But before I talk about
    that I have discovered odd things about the book and animals.
    Here are some questions for everyone to answer/comment on.  Since
    the last batch of my questions got alot of posts hopefully
    this will as well :)  You may have to read up on the creatures
    to answer some of these or get the file (see below).

    1.  Corruption Beast - It mentions it can increase HPV over
        max.  But is this pernament?

    2.  Why do some animals have bonuses and others do not.
        I know its not on a human level but I figured they'd
        used some formal system?

    3.  Disorder Beast - The vortex is uses is 30 feet.
        Think this is a typo?  Maybe 3 or really 30?

    4.  Bouba - Is it me or is this a silly creature?

    5.  Bush Warrior - Are they invisible all the time or for
        the spell duration?  Doesn't seem to say either way.

    6.  Bush Resin - Why is it worthless in light if the Bush
        itself sorta gets its lifeforce through sunlight? Doesn't
        seem to match up with the idea of a bush.

    7.  Dae'ta Koti/Dark Serpent - and others
        Why N/A Dex?  Even Wyrm and Earth Earters.  A NA stat
        means they are almost immobile or am I just not
        grasping the style of creature?

    8.  Dragon - Why 2 DCV?  Not listed why.  Likely one
        for flying and one for ground (5/ground  10 flying?)

    9.  Dryads - Men resisting the dryad's spell it says must
        roll 2D100?  Is this typo for 2D10?  May have to read
        up on this one.

   10.  Elementals - Element vs Element section -
      Dagger             +1       8       Sword
      Throwing Dagger     0       7       Sword
        /Why are those skills listed as sword and not dagger?

   11.  Fay Horses for influence is that Emp 15 current, native?

   12.  Firesnake range for Intelligence purposes is what?  Doens't
        say the range.

   13.  Ghosts last paragraph - dispelled by magical light but not affected
         by forms of magical light?  Huh?  Read it to see

   14.  Man is it me or do they use really really big words in these
        descriptions.  I had to get a dictionary out 2 or 3 times :)

   15.  Earth Giants - Why can't cast magic while not in contact with
        the earth this makes no sense.  Should be able to cast
        magic ONLY while in contact with earth to me?

   16.  Gorgon - When removing the curse does the woman appear
        in place of the gorgon like the frog fairy tale?  I assume yes.

   17.  Hydra - Why NA for HC it is a mega regeneration machine so
        makes no sense it would have no healing chance?

   18.  Jinn - Must have container to control.  Must be in the
        hands at all times?  Can it be in your home?  Your saddle?

   19.  Peri - If they are the wives of Eblis shouldn't they be
        in the upper world?

   20.  Lalassu - As I read it seems to be powerless if no one talks
        to it?  Is this right in avoiding possession a party stays
        quiet and they are safe?

   21.  HC - How do they determine these values ?  Just curious.

   22.  Ogre/Orchi - Why these 2?  I mean they don't seem much
        different at all to me?

   23.  Pegasus - Special C - Makes no sense can anyone explain it
        for my tired brain cells?

   24.  Scorpion People Female - OCV 93?!?!?!?!  Need I say
        any more?  A type or is it 9(3) or actually 93?  She
        would then roll on combat table BL20 all the time :)

   25.  Anyone have good Morale rules setup for them?  Gamma World
        has some and I've adapted mine from them but since I saw
        mention of morale for creatures I'd ask.

   26.  Nets - Anyone have info on nets and rules for them like
        the whip?  Costs, etc.

   27.  Unicorn - No HC?  Why?  Again seems like weird not to have
        one based on its horn (healing material) and if I recall

        some mythology I thought they were great healers for themselves.
        I could be mistaken though.

                        -------------

     Now with that done.  If you want the Book 3 file you can grab
     it now.  It will be on my pnp game website.  Go to the
     very very bottom of the page and you'll see the link.
     The monster file is almost 300k.  I also have in stuff.zip the
     following files:

   This archive contains the following files,

SHEET    TXT         9,256  11-08-97 11:37p SHEET.TXT

    P&P Character sheet.

PDOCS    DOC        26,732  04-11-02  6:25p PDOCS.DOC

    Book 1 - Summary of player book.  My short hand and
    summary not per verbatim.  But it has all the notes
    and information needed or important from Book 1.

PNPGEAR  DOC        27,496  05-08-99  5:37p PNPGEAR.DOC

    Book 1 - Equipment file.
    Note: Before errata in some items but some were updated
    as I used them.

NMAGIC   TXT        55,975  04-11-02  6:27p nmagic.txt

    Book 4 - Natural Magic items.  Complete info on all
    the natural magic and natural magic items/rules.

BOOK4    TXT        72,852  02-14-00  9:53p book4.txt

    Book 4 - Human Encounter rules and Treasure rules.

MONSTER  TXT       295,202  04-12-02  6:32p monster.txt

    Book 3 - Creature/Animal/Monster File.
    Note: Without encounter tables - those are in my encounter
    program.  And the first 4-5 pages of book 3.

GMSCREEN TXT        86,102  04-02-02  8:46p gmscreen.txt

    GM Screens Magic, Combt, Encounter GM screens.  Verbatim
    file.
    Note: Has no encounter tables from the encounter screen
    since in encounter program.

        Read files.lst in the archive for the notes.

    In case anyone wants those they can grab it all at once..

        Keep in mind these were first and foremost done for my
        personal use.  But the creature file is 99% accurate.
        I only changed light things like words like two to 2
        and some typos and such.  I kept some of theie errors
        like run on sentences and such.

        Do let me know of ANY errors.

        I'm too lazy to spell check as well right now.  Tired.

        Anyway go grab!

        Every creature is in the book 3 monster.txt file.
        Next project I might scan in the sea of tears article
        for a file.  Keep in mind these are NOT PDFs.  If
        you want pdf convert them :)  But I like text since
        its much easier to edit and such.   You can do your
        own formating of the files as well.

        To WOUT If you want you can place the GM screen file
        and monster.txt file on the website if you want.  The
        monster file could be easilly rigged with the html
        tags for jumping around with some work.

Opps..guess you need a URL :)

http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/

Just remove the /pbem for my main pages :)