Moving along...

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Tue Apr 16 04:47:48 CEST 2002

>Sorry Scott -- not much chance of getting rules out for the Candan navy
>right now :}

Yeah yeah..and to think I spent 2 weeks on that book 3 just for you...well..ok
for me..but I thought of you :)

>Problem is, we don't have much in the way of rules for it (by the book).  I
>said they could use their Influence chance -- x2 for something easy but
>relatively useless, x1 for average and useful, 1/2 for difficult and of
>great use.

If its stuff like that i depend on pure role playing table top gaming.  No
real
rolls. pure role playing maybe some rolls depending on npc reaction and or
events but that's it.  Course I always loved the carousing skill :)

>The Djani woman had the best chance, but I haved it since she had to use the
>Caldan woman as a translator.  She made her easy roll and fit in well enough
>to be accepable with the local important people.
>
>The Caldan made a simple roll and caught up with people on things.
>Actually, the roll was very good, but she did not say how difficult she was
>going for before she rolled, so I had to assume easy.
>
>The Kameri male (A monster who spent nearly all initial training on weapon
>skill and attribute increase -- he has a +4 WSB and Broadsword EL 13), who
>actually spent spent points to learn Caldan, goes for easy....and rolls a
>100.

Can we say diplomatic incident? :)

>Now the caldans are pretty tolerant of barbarians, with the Kazi just next
>door and not to far removed from it themselves, but needless to say, Kameri
>do not have a good reputation in that part of Caldo right now.  And the
>Kameri gained himself a free enemy. :}
>
>I have a Caldan area detail map I was working on and shelved a while
>back...I'll see about finishing it and sending it to Wout.

Cool.