Things to talk about

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Wed Feb 13 15:09:56 CET 2002

My P&P game that I have been running has sort of been put on hold for a bit.
I have done some other systems (as has my brother), but using the lands
perilous as the background.

I don't have my books with me at work, so bear with me :}

|| 1) The One Blow Damage rule AV x 5.  Does anyone use this
|| for natural armor
|| ie hides?
||      Maybe creatures would go say from NAV 2 to NAV1 through
|| peirced plates
|| and such?
||           Anyone consider this?

I don't think we ever use this.

|| 2) CDFx2 for expertise
||         Is it me or is this a simplistic rule seems its
|| always the same number no
|| matter what.
||         Anyone create a variation system?

The P&P game I was running uses a simpler "minimal math and less number
wrting" experience system.  Basically, all experience rewards, and exp
requird for skill improvement have been reduced by a factor of five.  All
skills were re-classified as x1, x2, x3 (and a few x4) skills.  These are
NELx modifiers.

A skill successfully used in combat is marked.  At the end of combat, roll
1d6 per CDF -- any 6 showing gives one point of skill improvement.  Yea,
this does imply that the players seem tyo get a bit gyped on EXP (1 point
given is 1-in-5, rolled is 1-in-6), but I will also throw additional dice
into the mix if if they performed the skill under unusual conditions or with
innovative player use.  Thus, against something with a CDF of 4, you roll
4d6 -- it is possible to get 4 points at once, or none.

|| 3) Finally torches as a weapon how would you classify this
|| weapn and would
|| you give
||     it as a skill?  WSB0? If thrown it'd go under the Misc. Throwing
|| weapons thing
||      but if held I guess it could be considered a club?

I would have them use Misc thrpowing if throwing it, probably us club if
trying to beat someone with it, and Hand-to-hand if waving it to try and
burn a target.

Burton Choinski
Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce