Things to talk about

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Thu Feb 14 22:16:09 CET 2002

At 03:51 PM 2/12/02 -0900, you wrote:
> [...]

It makes sense that scales (say for dragons) would begin to fall off and thus
give
no protection so I was thinking of it.  I didn't do it for the troll combat
(my
pbem) but
might in the future.

>> 2) CDFx2 for expertise
>>         Is it me or is this a simplistic rule seems its always the same
>number no
>> matter what.
>>         Anyone create a variation system?
>
>I haven't (not yet anyway).

Seems like the average number is always 8 for some reason :)..8 ..8..8...8
geesh

>> 3) Finally torches as a weapon how would you classify this weapn and would
>> you give
>>     it as a skill?  WSB0? If thrown it'd go under the Misc. Throwing
>> weapons thing
>>      but if held I guess it could be considered a club?
>
>Club skill. Misc. Throwing. WSB-1 at best (unless magically enhanced blaze).
>Fire is more scary then effective (I used to be a firefighter). Though
>flamethrowers (dragonsbreath) are a different order of magnitude.

That's how I figure a club.  But the fire you'd do what d3?  d6-something?