PDFs

Matijs van Zuijlen Matijs.van.Zuijlen at XS4ALL.NL
Thu Feb 21 14:30:00 CET 2002

On 2002.02.16 23:10:04 +0100 Kurgan wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>   If anyone has PDF rules available for download, would you please
>   send or post the link? I remember seeing posts saying that they had
>   been updated, and that a lot of the typos and errors had been fixed,
>   so that tells me mine are outdated. I know there were variations
>   created, and those would be cool to get, but right now I need to get
>   my hands on the original main rules PDFs, especially if they have
>   errata and Heroes articles added in. We've started talking about P&P
>   recently over on GRIPlist, so maybe someone will make a P&P
>   character sheet over there if I can give them the files to work
>   with! Very cool. :)

This keeps coming up in some form or another. So, here's the deal:

My player group has created a set of books 1 and 2 in (among others) PDF
format. There are several versions, reflecting original books[1], errata,
additions[2] and house rules. Most of you will probably be most interested
in the versions with errata and additions.

Due to copyright considerations, I cannot put these books on my home page.
Sorry. But you can ask me to send them to you via (personal) email, since
this is probably considered personal use, or something (IANAL, so we can
have a long thread about this if we want to).

There has been some recent discussion on adding other material to the
current set, and what format should be used. As I said then, our master
files are XML, which is not easy to edit. However, I would be willing to
convert any flat ascii files you send me to this format. There would be
some rules concerning the formatting, but those should be easy to follow.
If there's an interest, I'll type them up.

Matijs

[1]: original books: Some useless tables were not included, so these
originals don't look too good (they have notices of absent tables in
them). The other versions don't even refer to these tables. The useless
tables are things like: how to add two numbers and divide by ten.

[2]: additions: These are mostly articles from heroes. Also, some parts of
book 3 are included, mainly about the elf, faerry and dwarf, which are
needed for character creation.