website update

Matijs van Zuijlen Matijs.van.Zuijlen at XS4ALL.NL
Tue Jun 25 08:07:27 CEST 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 11:02:08PM -0400, Scott Adams wrote:
> At 07:22 PM 6/24/02 +0200, you wrote:
> >If you're not limited bandwidth-wise, it would be great if you sent me
> >the scans. Then, I'll see if gocr works. I'm not sure when I'll get
> >around to it exactly.
>
> Which formats can your OS support?
> I can scan into images and you try to OCRing it or typing by hand.  I would
> OCR it but for some reason my OCRer hates the letter F :<
> I can save to bmp, pcx, png, psd, Tiff, ?
> I could probably do jpeg as well.

I'm not sure what psd is, but the others are ok. Don't go with jpeg: It
loses information (on purpose). png would be good, it has nice
compression. Otherwise, you could go with tiff and commpress that with
zip or gzip.

> >I can probably fill in the blanks there.
>
> Cool.  It wouldn't be too hard for me to type up.  I should have free
> time late july.
> But that''ll work.

I'll soee how far I've gotten by late july.

--
Matijs van Zuijlen

    ... designed to fill holes or cracks of not more than two cubic vims.
                            -- Robert Sheckley, Untouched by Human Hands