Cough cough..dust in here

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Thu Jun 12 08:03:15 CEST 2003

At 05:42 PM 6/5/03 -0600, you wrote:

> The best answer to the sit and study characters is to allow them to, but to
> have things going on in the game that they miss out on or something
> interrupts them.
>
> The costs alone make a person go out and at least earn a living.  What other
> ideas do you have?

That is basically how I've handled things.  I mean my old librarians are so
old
and elderly they
charge to just look at a book sometimes :)  Plus there is always fun when the
library burns
down or such and such.  There are ways to prevent the study.  I just didn't
know if others
had a core rule to persuade players otherwise.