Interesting

Monster Jam unlv_runnin_rebels at YAHOO.COM
Fri Mar 21 17:02:47 CET 2003

I haven't played Powers & Perils (or D&D3e for that
matter) in a while, but the new game you discuss seems
to miss target.  The single strongest asset of Powers
& Perils was melee combat realism, in my opinion.
This is where games like D&D and the new game you
discuss do not quite match Powers & Perils.
Specificly, Im talking about D&D's "To Hit" vs. Armor
Class, and the new game's "Attack Value" vs. the
opponents Armor value.  Further, damage based only on
weapon type seems overly simplistic and doesnt accound
for "critical" hits, although D&D has made some
strides to this end.  P&P's melee system is perfect;
the amount of damage is predecated on the quality
strike you inflict.  And the odds of a successful
strike are based on the the attackers ability to hit
vs. the defenders ability to avoid, where armor only
absorbs impact.  But I think we all agree that Powers
& Perils severely lacks in other critical areas....

One day the perfect game will be made that accounts
for all these strengths and none of the weaknesses.
:)

By the way, if your interested in a home brewed super
hero game, check out the one I put together, and give
me some comments on it.

http://www.geocities.com/unlv_runnin_rebels/Liberty_Force_Home_Page.html

Thomas