Subdual ...

Sylverrs_ dragon abnaric at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 20 23:18:20 CET 2003

points are gained for damage inflicted. This being so, hits on invulnerable
targets gain nothing. Damage scored on regenerators and such does count.
    I assume the subdual comment is speaking of the person being subdued. If
he fends off the effort, he would get full points for doing so. If he is
knocked he gets 1/4. I see no reason to reduce points awarded to an attacker
because he chooses to subdue UNLESS you wish to discount any subdual points
scored if the attacker FAILS to subdue the individual he attempts it on.

>>At 08:59 PM 11/16/03 -0800, you wrote:
    I don't recall seeing the designation for lethal damage anywhere in the
character gains section... It lists damage dealt in combat. ... but to cut
my
own rope on this one, that would also mean that characters would  get
points for invulnerable and healed damage scored... (I support healed/
regenerated gains, but not invulnerable gains). This is turning wierd in my
head.
    HOWEVER, to try to keep it simple for me, if subdual combat is
resolved as normal combat, with the exception of lethality, we can look
elsewhere in the character gains section. If you run away, you get 1/2
normal,
and you get 1/4 if you are knocked out. If a ref wanted to minimize ltl
(less
than ethal) gains, I suppose some reduction could be devised from this.
Since they
fight believing that death will not occur, an award of 1/2 is warranted. If
they
run from a subdual fight, 1/4, and if knocked out, no points. That makes
sense
to me for a reduction (but I personally feel that no reduction is >> >
needed. In
my gains, death is better than subdual >:). )

I forgot about the running away stuff.  hmmm.......makes sense.  But I'll
see
what Richard thinks of this all..  Rich? :)