Phoenix (staves and wands)

Sylverrs_ dragon abnaric at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 17 00:57:10 CEST 2003

My intent with staffs and wands vis-a-vis the casting thing was not that
they serve as a "science" based battery. They serve as a focus allowing the
caster to draw mana from the divine which is its greatest source. The base
rule is simplistic. An improvement would differentiate between a basic staff
that serves as a focus for any caster and staffs that are "tuned" to a given
type of mana and/or a given caster. In example, a truly potent staff would
be Nilgeranthrib's Staff of the Dead. It would be tuned to him and to the
powers stemming from Nergal and Murmur. Deadly.