Sand Claw Data

Richard Snider abnaric at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 20 21:10:01 CEST 2003

I read the entry on the Sand Claw Cult with interest. It was very well
done. This being the case, I decided to dig in my files. What follows is a
variant I have on them from my own campaign. In the text following, the god
I use (Seth) can be equated with the one mentioned in the post (Khesek).

BROTHERS OF THE SAND CLAW

OBJECT - The members of this society plan to rebuild and reunite the power
of Seth in the desert. That done, their goal is to forge an immense empire
making him the God of all Men. The sacred capital of this empire, as the
plan unfolds, will be Kirazan. The Brothers will accept no other place for
the black throne.
LOCATION - The brothers are based out of an ancient temple in Ki'sana
lands. It is located in the side of a desert rift. Its passages lead to an
ancient complex of rooms and tunnels deep beneath the desert. The precise
position is some 30 miles north of the road and 10-12 miles southwest of
the A'hammali border.
TIES - None. The only humans aware of its existence are members, slaves of
members or future sacrifices. Scorpion people support them now and then.
They are also (in my game) fostered by the people of Seret. Its citizens
are a race of human/serpent women halfbreeds descended from Abnaric Elgar
and his first wife (a powerful serpent woman that Nergal, Seth and Murmur
bonded in marriage to him to facillitate the birth of the born lich Nergas.
The "people" of Seret descend from the siblings of Nergas). Various
merchants make a profit on members. None know they aid the Sand Claw in
doing so.
CURRENT FORCES - Four hundred Kirazan refugees, about a hundred Ki'sana
warriors and the remnants of the Ki'sanq tribe (some three hundred men,
women and children), twelve priests and acolytes directly serving the
Ancient one whose name is Eshtarmorel. The leading priest is Aba Harra. His
apparent age is 39. Actually he is 117.
MODUS OPERANDI - The society gathers wealth, needed sacrifices and other
gains through calculated raiding. Through proper human sacrifices and major
rituals, they plan to reopen a portal for the forces of Seth in the hidden
temple. Gathering set items and a sufficient number of lives will make that
possible, with the help of the Ancient One.
LEADERS
ABA HARRA - Ki'sanq, once Mullah, Lord of the Claw, Master of the Powers
S   20(+1)   D  60(+3)    I   84    E    3   C   30   MDV 29 MEL 16  OCV 3
St  33(+2)   A  17(+1)    W   80    Em  42   Ap   2   HPV 21 EL 5(9) DCV 4
CEL  0  Combat EL's  0   Height 5'10"   Weight 154lbs
SKILLS - Base Kacili skills plus EL80 Chaos Cosmology, Desert Chaos
Cosmology, Sand Claw History and Sand Claw Tongue. Also El40 Slaver and
Executioner.
FAMILIAR KEY - Controls Apopodar (a 1.5 times normal size Heliophobic
Demon) No other magical items of note in his possession.

ESHTARMOREL - Ancient Demon of the Elder Law. Both Monster and Human forms.
AGE - at least 5000 years old
HUMAN FORM - S  100(+4)   D  40(+2)  E  80   c  40(+2) MEL  24  EL  8
OCV 19 DCV 16  St 80(+4)  A  60(+3)  W  40   Em 20  Height 7'7" Wght 360lbs
MDV  30 (Whatever figures out to, is 30)(wink) Ap 140 HPV 55 EL 8
SKILLS - Middling competence all desert skills, some knowledge many
scholarly arts especially history and things dealing with Chaos. EL18 with
Flail, EL 14 Hand to Hand. Casts all Chaos Magic as a Natural Magician.
NOTE - Always initially encountered in Human form. If touched by ANY non-
chaos power, immediately reverts to DEMON form. Touch of any spell, person
or influence will suffice to make this so.
DEMON FORM
S  300(+9)   D  20(+1)   I  48  E  160   C  80   MDV  10  OCV 47  NWI -8
St 240(+7)   A  60(+3)   W  10  Em  40   Ap -140 HPV  155 DCV  6  NAV  4
SPECIAL - EL8 Immunity to all magics EXCEPT Sidh Magic. Erupting sores on
body spew poisonous acid (MEL12/EL6). Effect is Disintegration or Soul
Taint at BL12. (If success, roll. BL12 Success is Disintegration. Any other
result is Soul Taint to Chaos)
APPEARANCE - Thirteen tentacles, three heads and six legs with a bulbous
reptilian body. Heads have hooked, barbed, metal horns harder than steel.
Tentacles have barbed suckers along lengths. A disgusting creature. He is
sixteen feet long and his body mass is six feet high. He weighs two tons
give or take a few hundred pounds.
NOTE - One of the few remaining great demons of the Elder Law. If slain,
turns to sand for 101 years. May chop up to 20 times per combat round. Will
not attack any one target more than four times in a round. Will always
attack as many targets as possible each round.
FACT - No single mortal has ANY chance of defeating this demon. It is a
test for gods in its full aspect and more than a test for humans as it
stands now. If you don't have a well run, cohesive party, you will be
minced.