Healing Table

Albert Sales drite_mi at YAHOO.COM
Sun Feb 1 16:00:32 CET 2004

The spell requires a HC to regain HP immediately, and THEN a normal healing after resting. Other magical healings do not require the roll, which is why they are SO MUCH more expensive.
   I do have a question on this. I've always followed that a medicinal increase to StB will increase the amount healed by the spell. Am I correct?

Matijs van Zuijlen <Matijs.van.Zuijlen at XS4ALL.NL> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 10:06:29PM +0100, Alex Koponen wrote:
> Also courtesy of Rule 1.343 magical healing allows TWO HC rolls per day.
> So for maximum healing without risking 'death by healing' one can have one
> magical healing plus one bonus HC roll (w/o risk of infection) plus the
> normal HC roll. Healing skill, bandages and herbs can add to the HC% on
> both HC rolls. Magical bonuses apply to the bonus HC roll.

We never used rule 1.343, which seems a shame now ;). I don't think any
of us ever saw what it could mean -- we just used the description of the
Healing spell, and, later on, 1.3431. However, there seem to be some
inconsistencies here: 1.343 states that magic helps by increasing HC and
StB, just like medicines (1.342), which explains the extra healing roll
-- it would be needed for the spell to have an immediate effect. All the
actual spells mention directly healing some hit points, and the spell
Healing even explicitly says that the HC and StB increase is for the
next _normal_ roll, contradicting your interpretation above.

--
Matijs van Zuijlen