Healing Table

Matijs van Zuijlen Matijs.van.Zuijlen at XS4ALL.NL
Sun Feb 1 16:47:42 CET 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 07:00:32AM -0800, Albert Sales wrote:
> The spell requires a HC to regain HP immediately, and THEN a normal
> healing after resting. Other magical healings do not require the roll,
> which is why they are SO MUCH more expensive.

Hmm. You are right about the expense: Healing light heals about 2 to 3
times what Healing heals, but its BMC is 8 times as high. So, I would
tend to agree with your interpretation there.

Alex said something different, I think:

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 10:06:29PM +0100, Alex Koponen wrote:
>   A Healing spell will heal 1D6+StB+EL and courtesy of Rule 1.343 will also
> give a bonus Healing Chance roll with whatever bonuses medicine and magic
> have applied. A simple EL0 Healing spell in this case will heal 1D6+1
> points and cause the bonus Healing Chance roll to be 32%. If made this
> would be another 2-4 points healed. Total average of 5.46 points healed.

I read this as the Healing spell giving both immediate healing _and_ a
bonus roll (with additional healing if made). Alex, do you agree that
your interpretation makes Healing seem a little too cheap? Or healing
light too expensive, for that matter?

--
Matijs van Zuijlen