Mana Batteries

Alex Koponen akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM
Sat Feb 7 01:17:40 CET 2004

Good idea.  And in the same section of rules is Intellect. Rules detail
an Intelligence of (EL+1)D10 with Eloquence and Empathy of (EL+1)D6 from
the spirit or demon trapped in the item.
  B4 p.33 mentions Intellect Rating as per B3. (Also mentions MDVx2). B3
p.17 doesn't clarify anything about Will. B3 Rules 6.96 and 6.97 have MDV
and EnL (both somewhat Will based) dependent upon Intellect and AHP.
However it is not enough to firmly base a statement about how much Will a
given Intellect has.
  Oh well, if we can't know for sure, we can still guess. Easiest guess
would be Will = Intelligence or (EL+1)D10. Having the Intelligent Mana
Battery generate Mana according to Rule 1.3272 would seem to be reasonable.

  I don't desire the mana leak complexity. It would slow the game down more
than its worth. Few would think it worth their time to make more than one
or two souless (non-self-charging) mana batteries. Particularly since the
Casting Ability still limits how much Mana they can cast in a day,
regardless of the Mana's source.

 - Alex