[PnP] Invisibility

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Thu Feb 19 01:23:50 CET 2004

At 08:48 PM 2/17/04 -0900, you wrote:
>I have noticed that others and I apparently interpret the Invisibility
>spell slightly differently in our games. I am somewhat stricter,
>interpreting this sentence
>
>"All persons that contact the Caster, or any item held by him, during the
>Duration can see him whether contact is maintained or not."
>
>to mean that any enemy hit by a weapon wielded by the Caster or connected
>invisible person can thereafter see them AND each enemy hit while
>invisible reduces the Duration of the invisibility by 1 turn.
>
>  - Alex K

I've done it so that your seen only to balance the evil ambush ability of the
spell (and give the target a slight chance).  But I've never though about the
duration thing.  To me the duration -1 is for INITIAL casting so you bring
them in with you.  After tis cast if you touch others....well it would go
down by one.  Interesting.  I've never thought about that.  I'll have to
think
on that.

I suppose if one wanted it could be intepreted by physical and material
touch.  A sword hitting a target would not have the affect but if you touched
the person with a hand it could.  That's how it might be used.