Spells (was: god legends)

Albert Sales drite_mi at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 2 05:15:06 CET 2004

The other consideration on fascination, is it is not Control. A fascinated person will do whatever you ask of them, possibly even nigh suicidal acts, but do NOT lose their other loyalties. As a creature ability, is has been used to reflect a snake's gaze (hold still only), a vampire's command (control would work better), and an aphrodesiac. In all of these except the vampire, self-will is still present, but judgement is greatly impared.

Scott Adams <longshot at DARKTECH.ORG> wrote:At 02:32 AM 12/31/03 +0000, you wrote:
>Oblivion is not truly the nastiest of low cost spells. I agree with the
>amount of people making it harder to cast the spell, the thing about it is
>that somebody could go to the plane and get the person(s) back. Creating
>adventures around this has always created ineresting results. I would also
>as a GM create cleaning crews that might go up there and pull random people
>too :)

That was my dealing with the spell.

>The worst low cost spell though is Fascination. BMC1 and does just about
>that same thing as Control from Telepathic powers. We found that increasing
>the BMC to 6 (same cost as Control) it helped to limit the amount of times
>cast. Still a very powerful spell.

Fascination I hate at times since it can ruin a GM's day with simple things
like secrets and interrogtions. But I can still get around it :)