Resurrection

Alex Koponen akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM
Sun Jan 25 06:56:03 CET 2004

Resurrection has a reduction factor that for most characteristics is
'temporary'.

Does temporary mean that the come back on their own according to some
formula or other?

Or does it mean that you have to use Characteristic Points from CEP and
MEP to regain your points. I note that unless it is a high EL resurrection
it may be hard to be successful in getting experience because one's
abilities may be reduced to marginal amounts. Someone with an attribute of
50 would have the attribute at 5 after an EL0 resurrection.
[Out of curiosity, what would the attribute be if he died and was
resurrected again but at EL7? Which ability level would it be based on?
Presumably the 5.]

    I play it this way, but note that only powerful npcs or characters who
have studied and practiced resurrection a LOT will be able to bring
characters back alive with abilities anywhere close to what they died
with. [With straight successes it would take more than 61 castings to get
to EL8 where one can resurrect someone to 90% ability. Or about three
years study.]