[PnP] In game skill acquisition

David Hunt dhunt at myriad.net
Thu Nov 4 04:29:44 CET 2004

Most non-combat skills have absolutely no effect  at EL 0.  When you use
0 in the formulas for what they do, it's nothing or a 0% chance of
sucess, etc.  It's my thinking that if you pay the experise to actually
learn the skill, then you should actually be able to use the skill in
some capacity after paying that expertise.  If someone wants to limit
what skills start at after the character generation, the Burton's idea
is workable.