[PnP] In game skill acquisition

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at matrixone.com
Thu Nov 4 13:57:56 CET 2004

Most non-combat skills have absolutely no effect  at EL 0.

That's part of the reason I made up my "target-12" skill system that used
2d10 for resolution -- even at EL0 you had SOME chance.  Personally, for
non-combat skills we used the LOWEST attribute in the formula, not the
highest (as stated in the books).