[PnP] Armorer skill - sling bullets

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 22:54:41 CET 2004

I've already recommended a couple changes in this that would allow many to be made each day. The first was to allow the armorer a "value by the day". This one works poorly, but does work. I don't remember the exact break-down, but common armorer would be able to "finish" about 2 CC per day of work on Lead or Wooden items. This would allow them to make 5 every 2 days. This also assumes no decent mold is used, so it works in a very basic sense.
The other is to say that sling bullets are Simple to make (they are). The armorer gives a test and success is determines off of the result of the roll (almost no chance of failure for a decent armorer). With only a basic mold, an EL 40 armorer could finish 4 per day (assigning them 1 point of work).
The last way is terrible. I had recommended a change based on mass and difficulty. An armorer could fly through half-pound, low difficuly items really fast. Using the formula of (WSB+2)Squared as a difficulty, they would still make a decent pace due to the small size. This idea was terrible, in play.

If Batching them, EL/5 sounds fair to me, then increase that amount for the quality of tools.

Alex Koponen <akoponen at mosquitonet.com> wrote:
Q. A sling projectile (basically a sphere of metal, usually lead) is
WSB+1 and costs 8BB. Does it REALLY take 9 days for an armorer to make
ONE of them?

How many can be made in a batch that takes 9 days to process?