[PnP] Re: Weapon and Armor making

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Oct 6 00:04:54 CEST 2006

>Going with this, it take a P&P Bowyer (at 1GC/month) pretty much a month to make a bow (282 hours) -- about twice as long as it takes to craft a broadsword.  However, sources I have seen have this at MUCH less (from 2h for a master bowyer on one site, to 18h as noted in Harn).  Still digging, including a query to a manufacturer of traditional longbows.
A month for a bow?!  Wow.  I read somewhere once that a plains indian could do one in 2 days and he had chores to do.  Course I guess one is better than the others.  I'd say a month is good for a arbalest but a simple bow and string?  Hrm....this whole topic though I'd have to have time to sit down and analyze.