[PnP] Re: Navigation Woes

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at matrixone.com
Mon Oct 16 21:13:41 CEST 2006

Ok, here is a revised version of the table.  Taking Alex's concerns, I rendered the 100 spots into a bell-curve ranging from 0 to 90 (average 45).  For easy access, the squares are color-coded.  Pondering the various degrees of Scout one might hire, I calculated human average (with some tweaks to represent someone with talent going into the field, not joe average).  This produced trained, skilled and expert scouts.

By this table, if you have an EL80 Nav and survival EL10 under basic conditions you need not bother with the chart.  Likewise, EL40 and EL5 in the survival (or EL45 nav) if you have plenty of landmarks.

Hmm. And EL45 is your skilled scout.  I'll take that as you, Alex. :}

The bell curve means that Players skilled beyond the EL45 area will have much fewer failures.  Likewise, those groups who skimp on their Navigation would be advised to do what the other peasants do and stick to the roads.

The classifications are there so you can hire local Scouts.  Need to figure out what their rates should be.

Burton Choinski | Principal Software Engineer | ENOVIA MatrixOne
210 Littleton Road | Westford, MA  01886
Office: 978 589 4089 | Fax: 978 589 5903 | Cell: 508 843 7183
burton.choinski at matrixone.com
The information in this email and subsequent attachments may contain legally privileged, proprietary and confidential information that is intended for a particular recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this e-mail information is prohibited. When addressed to MatrixOne clients or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions in the governing contract.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone or by return e-mail, and delete the e-mail.