[PnP] Magic users

James McCulloch jdmcculloch at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 21 07:30:28 CEST 2006

We never worried about limiting characters abilities to be whatever they
chose  The players that I had were mostly self-policing, knowing that they
were better off not picking characters that were similar and therefore had
similar options in any crisis.  When they had the party completed, I would
work to build scenarios that would play to that group.  Sometimes it was
magic heavy, and we would play in the Upper and Lower Worlds and go on
quests for magical ingredients and so on.  Other times we had a party that
was more physical and we would deal with assasinations and wars and killing
monsters.  If the party was balanced, then we would mix it.  Always there
were plotlines with intrigues and puzzles and problems and situations and
all the other things that made playing the game fun.  So, I guess I would
say that we let the players determine the type of party and to some extent
the type of game that would be played, whether with everyone having magic or
hardly anyone having magic.   Of course it affected the flavor of the game,
but as long as the players agreed, it worked pretty well.  Actually, it was
a lot of fun when they didn't agree too...

J.D.