[PnP] Hand to Hand

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Aug 14 08:17:30 CEST 2007

>Yea, but a broken nose, in terms of killing the target, is really
>still subdual since you won't die from a flat nose.  However, one
>could use the Major wounds table (crushing) to interpret a longer
>term disability like that.

Actually a nose can be shoved up to the brain cavity and cause death
or brain damage.  Has been some cases like that.  Not common.  But
usually takes a hard hit.

But in my example a kick yeah that'd not kill.

So we have Foe A and B.  A wears chainmail and B nothing.
B kicks A.  Does a severe hit does 10 points of damage.  But wait.  B was given help by a Amplify Damage spell which adds 15 more points.
That's a 25 point force hit with a simple boot.

That's a heavy hit with a foot.  To me it just makes sense the foot might be damaged more physically than subdual damage.  I dunno maybe 25% of subdaual or 30%.  I just gotta figure out a more better
martial arts/hand to hand system.  Maybe use Fringeworthy's system which is good.