[PnP] Hand to Hand

Burton Choinski bchoinski at comcast.net
Fri Aug 10 22:52:38 CEST 2007

On Aug 1, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Scott Adams wrote:

> At 10:29 AM 8/1/07, you wrote:
>> The basic concepts we have added to HtH are:
> I do recall your grapple rules.  Good for wrestling or the cliche
> Bar Brawl.  But for a simple Kick/Punch to Armor/Non armor not so
> effective.  In that a kick to a chest is bound to crush ribs and
> also damage the kicker's foot.  So maybe 20% of the damage is done
> to a foot.  That sorta rule system.  I'll probably come up with
> something.  Just figure someone might've already come up with a
> MArtial Arts or HtH system.

I would only apply Subdual damage to the attacker if we are talking
unarmored vs. armored.  I.E. An unarmored boot to an armored foe does
subdual damage to the armored foe and a normal hit subdual to the
unarmored attacker.

an armored attacker on unarmored foe does killing to the target and
takes no damage.  Of course, "armored" is assumed to be AV2 rigid or
better.

>> Grappling:  An attacker going for a grapple uses his "damage" as a
>>
>> Subdual/Real:
>> When using HtH, only subdual damage is done unless the attacker
>> has "hardened" his fists with either a cestus or at least AV2
>> gauntlets.  When hardened, he may opt to do only sudual, however.
>
> Only Subdual huh?  A foot to the face can do more than subdual like
> break a nose :).  That's physical.  So I wouldn't just say subdual.
> but likely subdual with the physical side effect damage bonus.  Per
> those rules.

Yea, but a broken nose, in terms of killing the target, is really
still subdual since you won't die from a flat nose.  However, one
could use the Major wounds table (crushing) to interpret a longer
term disability like that.