[PnP] noob questions part V - bride of son of uncle of noob questions...

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Nov 13 01:42:40 CET 2007

>1) armor and one-shot breakage. is it just me, or does everyone on the
>planet go through an insane amount of leather and quilted armor?
>pretty much, by the third hit from anything - chances are, it is
>destroyed. i love breaking armor - but i thought leather would be a
>little sturdier than that. anybody do anything special here? or should
>pcs just plan to buy stock in the tanning industry.
I think the system as it is now is fine.  Realistic when you deal with the material and how easy it is to shred.
If I had to I'd come up with varying damage based on STYLE of attack.
A thrust common sense does a small hole.  Slash does a wide but thin cut.  A wild swing could do either.  A stab..etc..

So a thrust might do less damage than a slash since slash shreds more material.  Something like that.  But coming up with the rules would be a bit of time to do :).

As to stock some folks do make their own armor from leather found from hunting and the ye ol Tanner skill.  So that helps but making more expensive armor is well ...expensive..material wise..