[PnP] my first post - a few very noob questions

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 00:55:37 CEST 2007

Yes, I apply this to everyone on every roll, not just magic.  I've gotten a couple complaints about applying it to purely thinking rolls, but I feel it fits.  If a character doesn't have the strength and stamina to weir the armor, they should take it off.  If they are mounted, I offset the armor factor by the level of their horse, I forgot to mention that.  It takes off the back-strain, and allows two-thirds of your movement to be done with your wrists and ankles, which are not very affected by armor.  Magical armor that is Enchanted for Attribute Increase: Comfort can apply the (EL+1) x 20% as a penalty reduction (EL 4 removes it altogether).  One thing that you may notice in the posts is that I am an evil referee.  I will let my players get away with anything, but they have to earn anything they do.  I used to have a write-up on carrying more than your portage and a huge list of affected checks, but I've lost it, and my players rarely reach this point anymore.
  Scott M <scottee.mac at gmail.com> wrote:
  > Oh, and when I say we, you are now a part of we.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Albert.

> Yes, they can wear any armor they chose. I use house-rules for maximum AV
> based on SB + StB, but I tend to be a really mean GM. Going above that
> point adds 2x the difference to all rolls. Also, some spells go poorly in
> some armors (fireball in quilted, heat in plate, etc). I love peripheral
> damage

Honestly, I think I like your SB + StB rule for all players, not just
magic users (or maybe you meant that already?) There are just no real
rules (in any system) to properly communicate how uncomfortable it is
to wear bulky armor. I like associating the freedom of not having to
worry about penalties with the similar freedom from being cooped
up/restricted that one gets while wearing heavy armor.