[PnP] Magic user balancing

TNT tanghet at skynet.be
Tue May 6 09:01:35 CEST 2014

My 2CP,

In my version of the rules i use the following (short version):

All tests are done under a Chance  of Success (CS) which is computed the way
you want.

Most of the rolls are then evaluated with the following

Critical Success

01 to CS/10

tCS

Great success, special effect obtained !

Normal Success

CS/10+1 to CS

tNS

Normal result

Partial Success

CS+1 to CS+25

tPS

Some result

Normal Failure

CS+26 to 90+CS/10

tNF

Failure, must find some other way to succeed

Critical failure

>90+CS/10

tCF

Very bad effect !

Example : with a CS = 50 you have

Critical Success

01-05

Success

06-50

Partial Success

51-75

Failure

76-95

Critical failure

96-00

All tCS earn double the expertise.

All tCF lower the skill by 1%, if any skill involved in the test.

! Beware : all skills (profession, combat, general etc.) are evaluated in %
(from 01 to 80).

Hope it provides a new approach.