[PnP] WEapon Courses

Wout Broere broere at powersandperils.org
Thu Nov 3 05:38:29 CET 2016

My take has always been that

1) the general rule holds that you first learn a weapon course (e.g.
heavy swords) and gain ALL weapons in that class at EL0. This costs the
Cost to Learn. (25 expertise in this case.)
2) After that each weapon is advanced individually, see per EL
increase/cost NEL (NEL x 7)

Dagger, Spear and Throwing Axe are special in that they differentiate
between fighting and throwing.

3) Learn Dagger - Fight and you gain the skill to fight with all dagger
types (Fighting Dagger, Throwing Dagger) at EL0. This only covers
fighting, not throwing
4) Learn Dagger - Throw and gain the skill to throw all dagger types
(again Fighting Dagger, Throwing Dagger) at EL0. Increase skill to
'Throw a Fighting Dagger' and skill to 'Throw a Throwing Dagger'
separately after that.

Someone may want to learn to throw fighting daggers, and the rules allow
that. They are just not as good thrown as throwing daggers are. And
throwing daggers are not as good to fight with.

Wout