[PnP] Creating magic items

David Sanders dasandersx at comcast.net
Mon Sep 12 03:35:19 CEST 2016

Ok...say a character wants to create a magic item that improves a skill...some enchantment, I would think.  Now, we have two kinds of skills..."or 80” skills and weapon or 'other' skills.

So...what formula for EL increase should be used?  Doe the Mage have to know the skill to enchant the item?

For "or 80" skills, I was thinking an increase of EL cast or random between EL of Enchantment spell up to 2x spell EL, depending on preparations made...quality of item enchanted, or rarity of the materials, etc.  For the non-80 skills, maybe (EL+1)/2 roundup?

Thots?

Dave

Sent from my iPad