Naval Ships and Tech discussion (LONG)

Scott Adams longshot at JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Mon Dec 8 04:31:06 CET 1997

*** Quoting scott.cohan at SSA.GOV from a message to longshot ***

sc>   Ok, that's nice, but my entire point was that triremes _cannot_
sc> make long open   sea voyages, because you can only fit two (2) days
sc> worth of food on them.   Admittedly, you can eliminate the lower two
sc> rows of rowers and use that space   for cargo, but then you are going

Well they could use water from stone and the other spell for food.  Making it a
magical voyage all around (G)  Thus no real need for the stores.

I was playing (for a couple of hours when I loaded it on my brother's computer)
the old game of Colonization.  It had some carvels and ship info like that but
it didn't go into too much detail.

Did you do a search on the InterNet for Roman Ships or the like?

~~~ Telegard v3.09.g1/mL