Very quiet list

Scott Adams longshot at JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Sun Feb 22 09:07:13 CET 1998

*** Quoting w.broere at CT.TUDELFT.NL from a message to longshot ***

w.> No we had decided, as a group, to end the campaign with the
w.> destruction or salvation of the world, and to start a new campaign
w.> with new characters. There were three characters left from the start
w.> of the campaign: a barbarian warrior named Iben, a barbarian shaman

     So ya had deaths huh?  How did they get up in experience on the campaign ?
 From newbie MUs to great MUs?

w.> Onx Pletti and a elf magician Other characters, introduced in later
w.> stages of the campaign, include a.o. Filips Liberator Plebs, the
w.> human communist leader who wants to free the peasants from the
w.> oppression from the local nobility, represented in our group by the
w.> son of the local count.

     hehe..communist in pnp huh?..very interesting...

w.> The campaign was centered around the demi-god Malar, god of
w.> destruction and werecreatures. He was trying to enter the middle
w.> world, and apparantly succeeding. The only way left to stop him was
w.> to summon his half-brother Silvanus, god of forest etc. (half

     I had him in one or two games...looong ago when I first started (Malar)

w.> man-half deer) using a magicalspear created for this purpose. Of
w.> course the spear had been found, hidden, stolen and hidden again, and
w.> we just happened to kill the only person alive who knew where the
w.> spear was now. So with some luck we manage to find the hiding place,
w.> where we find a long copper box (0.2 x 0.2 x 2 meter, guess what is

     guess..hmm..(not reading ahead)...a regular spear? I dunno..

w.> in it). We sense/guess there is a wardpact on the lock, and we are
w.> afraid to open it. Not too smart solution: throw some heavy rocks on
w.> it. So the barbarian Iben throws some rocks from 30 meters above onto
w.> the chest. One of them hits and now we are left with a slightly
w.> 'dented' chest containing one magical, half-moon-shaped spear.

hehehe...that's a barbarian for ya!

w.> We take the curved spear to a temple of Silvanus, where we have to
w.> sacrifice a human or elf, while speaking the name of the god,
w.> Silvanus. One of the party members, a human named Filips, offers his
w.> pitifull life and we are set for the sacrifice. We decide to let

You keep saying 'we' you were GM and player or both?  Playing rowdy guys
huh...not bad sometimes...gotta root for the bad guys sometimes..:)

w.> Iben, our senior group member, make the sacrifice. We are all
w.> expecting a nice description of the battle between the gods etc, and
w.> tension is extremely high. Now the following happened:

tension just reading this (G)

w.> DM to player (Iben): 'Ok , the only thing you have to do is stab
w.> Filips and say "Silvanus"'. Iben (making an exagerated motion of
w.> stabbing someone with a curvedspear) utters his favorite battle cry:
w.> 'DIE !'.

hehe...

w.> It took a second for the implications to register, but after that we
w.> have been laughing our heads off for fifteen minutes. And of course
w.> we had to resurrect Filips and sacrifice him again to save the world.
w.> To end a campaign with a laugh is probably the best way there is.

     better than ending with annoyed characters and such :).
So you killed him then res. him then killed him again?

interesting...

w.> Well, we will start with new characters now, and descriptions are
w.> slowly coming through the mail now. Start of the campaign is friday
w.> next week, so more news after that.

     wish I was there...sigh

w.> Although I have GMed P&P and Warhammer FRP in the past, I have the
w.> extreme luck to be a player only at the moment. Our regular p&p GM is
w.> Mathijs Tuynman, and hehas spoiled us all rotten with his style, so
w.> we don't even consider playing with another GM anymore. We tried in
w.> the past and nobody evencomes close in GM-quality.

     Math is there?  Where did he go..I sent him several emails last summer and
never got a reply.  I wrote the encounter program for him then he disappeared..

w.> The fact that people think I am a or the GM probably starts with the
w.> fact that I manage the website and collect and/or write rules for our
w.> group. That has grownfrom the fact that I am the editor in chief for
w.> our own irregularely published magazine, 'Monsters, Masters and
w.> Magicians' (MMM), which we use to keep track of our rule changes and
w.> to distribute background materials to all the players. (Editor in
w.> chief for this mag means that you are the one to spend the long hours
w.> behind the photocopier and such.) The only other editor is Mathijs
w.> Tuynman. Between the two of us we write most of the (proposals for)
w.> new rules, but all major rule changes are discussed with the entire
w.> player group.

     interesting...e-magazine or simple setup?

w.> It has resulted in the funny situation that I have in the past
w.> received copies of adventures like Doom Manor and Three Quests for
w.> Curses and couldn't even look at them, as I had to pass them (unread)
w.> to Mathijs, so he can GM them 'sometime soon now'. Well, it splits
w.> the burden of creating a new adventure and managing rules and such
w.> between two persons, making the task of the GM somewhat easier. It
w.> works for us.

     hehe...

~~~ Telegard v3.09.b15/mL