Magic..

The Choinski Family choinski at TIAC.NET
Sat May 29 01:18:40 CEST 1999

>>>1) Magic:  How do you guys do your magic in PNP?  Some systems just have
>>>the characters wave hands..while others have to chant..and still others
>>>have to use spell components or books.  Just curious.  I tend to let the
>>>players do the preparation in the mind and thus maybe do some dramatics
>>>(hand waving..etc).
>>>Input would be good on this.
>>
>>    Pretty much "by the book".  The only excpetion is how I handle clerical
>>stuff.  Simply put, I treat them basically like Wizards of Law/Balance/Chaos
>>but use WIll instead of Intelligence.  Oh, just for completeness, I use the
>>revised "group costs" found in the Book of Tables for spells that are
>>comprised of several spells (Nectomatic Powers, Fire Powers, Travel Powers,
>>etc).

It was a standing joke in our games of yore that when you heard a drum in
the wilderness, it was time to get out the sword and look for that Shaman.
:)

> To be honest it is a bit scary...9 of the 14 players own pnp which is rare
> usually when I do a game over echomail or such the players don't own the
> game.  Since most do I'll have to be a stickler for rules details and such
> and try to run it to the level of most of you guys do.  :) It should be fun
> though...I tested the list tonight and end of the weekend will
> automatically add people to it ...

I did one rolled char, then it got lost. :p.  Plan to do another this
weekend and email it up.
   -- Burton