Planar Travel

Maouse maouse at FULTON-NET.COM
Fri Oct 27 15:16:37 CEST 2000

Personally, I have always ruled the following way :
1. The "Elven/Fearry/other" Interworld travel spell is just that, a spell
or spell based innate.  It states in the description (of the spell) that it
is restricted to locations where there are "barriers/links" between
worlds.  Thus Avalon, etc... are made to be Very Important Sites for the
Sidh populations of the Middle World.

2. Planar Travel allows access to ANY WORLD the character has knowledge
of.  Using other methods of Scrying they may travel with this spell to a
specific location in ANY OTHER WORLD.  Keeping in mind the "rebound" factor
of time, they are free to go wherever they want (if they go to the lower
world and come back, multiply the time they were there by 300!!! ouchies
for Mr. Joe Human).  Consequently, going to other worlds without knowing
what their timestream is like is always dangerous.  Also this is the ONLY
way a LAW/Nuetral/Chaos Tied character may enter the lower world.  Of
course this would be stupid, as they would IMMEDIATELY be killed
(continuously attacked by an encounter every 2 minutes is what I usually
do... which usually ends Tied travel quickly... oh, that and a burning
resentment from every Elder creature (basically they have just become
Kotothi aligned in the eyes of Sidh, this is automatic, no save, for Tied
characters who do this in my world))

3. Upper world travel is do-able via Astral Paths as well.  I have ALWAYS
used a randomized roll when it comes to encounters while doing this.
Essentially you have to follow a Astral Path (Similar to a Mana/Ley Line
from GURPS) through whatever terrain it goes.  Good frickin luck staying
alive with creature encounters a base 2x meaner (up to 4x size creatures
can be met while using this spell, good xp if you live to tell about it)).

-I actually had a character that rescued a soul(dead human encounter), and
one who rescued an angel(helped in combat he would have lost) while using
this last spell... but be careful not to loose your friends in combat - or
they "drop from the sky" (I roll a miss-cast on the teleport table when
this happens to get distances... ouchies).  I also have had characters meet
3 quad sized IFREET... and that was that...

-maouse