wand/staff

Maouse maouse at FULTON-NET.COM
Tue Mar 6 19:52:21 CET 2001

on breakage - please note that "some" wands and staves don't have a
spell... in this case I usually do a small explosion of energy, say EL D6
at 1/2 EL diameter. So a MEL 12 EL 6 wand would do 6D6 to a 30' circle (3"
(melee and moving through the melee area) with the center being the wand).
This gives a range of 1d6 over 5' to 6d6 over 30' which I feel reflects
a "staff" explosion. I would halve the damage (but not range) in the case
of a wand.

I would also note that this "explosion" only occurs when broken, not when
blasted, burnt, destroyed (with destruction spell), or slimed (etc...). In
the case of spell effect destruction, I usually don't even harm them... but
if you are an evil GM you will QUICKLY see this is to your benefit. IE.
Mage Multi-Rod has a collection of wands in his backpack. A Giant hits him
in an ambush with a rock and does 16 points of damage from behind... say in
the back... 16 points to a wand is more than enough to destroy it, so up
goes the collection of wands... oh yeh, and Multi-Rod with them... Again,
this would only be an Evil GM (Or one was sick of MR wipping out a wand for
every occasion).

-Marcel

ps. been really REALLY busy with life, the CD is still in progress though.
Don't fret all I still have your names etc...