Battle Fury was Re: DTV

Alex Koponen akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM
Tue Feb 3 01:08:36 CET 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 00:55:13 +0100, Alex Koponen <akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM>
wrote:

>Hey, I am just quoting what the P&P rules are regarding Battle Fury. I
>was not giving Battle Fury a new exception to the rules.
>  Though thinking about it for consistency those berserkers under Battle
>Fury and past DTVx1 should also be making bleeding rolls.

    I couldn't deal with a rule like that. Once someone hits zero,
    they're in la-la land. They're not dead, but they certainly aren't
    conscious. Based on your preferred methods, and Richard's
    that I feel uncomfortable with such large negative numbers that
    appear to be equivalent to a character's hit points mirrored as a
    DTV, but I do enjoy the C/10 method over C/20.

Sorry, papers fell on my keyboard and caused the message to post before I
completed it.

  To continue...I thought Richard had a good idea in his Lethality Index
post with characters being semi-conscious, able to slowly crawl or maybe
patch holes in themselves but unable to effectively defend themselves or do
any active actions. So I adapted the idea.
  I think people appear overwrought at the negative HPV idea. Frankly, I
think it would take exceptional rolling for a high HPV Character to avoid
dying of shock before 'bleeding out'. I don't think it will change the game
that much, but it will help those severely injured that have friends
capable of caring for them after a battle. Lose the battle and they're a
corpse.

  You idea sounds quite playable. It just doesn't seem as elegant to me.
Good luck in finding good people to play with.
- Alex