[PnP] Creating magic items

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Sun Sep 18 04:07:38 CEST 2016

This is why Richard made it so adaptable.  No one
rule will fit every skill for this purpose. One
cna try generics like wout did but it would not
fit in every case.  Why must be case by case.

As GM since Armroer is or 80 and more or less a %
skill I'd wan tto create items to improve % not by X number.
One can factor in NELs and how each is harder
than the rest.  But in the end it is the
Enchantment EL that is the factor not th eSkill  itself.

So the basic (EL+1)x5% is fine or x3%
So EL10 which for enchantment is high would be
+55% or +33% bonus to Armorer.
Typically most Pmagics are at max el15.  I've seen some like that.
So using EL15 as the 'top'
One could back engineer it by 100%.  100/15=6.6 so could do
(EL+1)x6 (or 7)%
Is EL15=96% which is a nice boost.

This is how I did most of my spells when I worked with Richard on v2 spells.

But Rules of Magic in creation is important.
As well as Use per day Rule.
For a hammer use basic use per day.
But for a Assassin Scabbard that improves
backstabs (ie assassin skill) I'd reduce that by half or 2/3 so not abused.

One must figure out typical EL min/average/maxes
and factor in other things like above when making
items where a formulae is unclear.